By continuing to use the WiFi you agree to the Wellington Public Library’s Computer and Internet Access Policies and Procedures. Direct matters of importance for WiFi users would be:
Patrons may experience fluctuating bandwidth on the libraries’ public wireless, depending upon how many people are using the wireless connection and what they are downloading. Streaming video and some online games consume large amounts of bandwidth.
The library is not responsible for the privacy of information a patron may transfer over the library’s network.
The library assumes no responsibility for damage, theft, or loss of a patron’s equipment, software, data files or other personal property brought into or used at the library.
Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance regarding any personal computer equipment, nor can they make any guarantee about the compatibility of a patron’s equipment with the library’s network.
The library has no control over computer programs available through the Internet. Any loss of data, damage, or liability that may occur from patron use of programs obtained through library access is not the responsibility of the library. Inappropriate use of Internet access will result in cancellation of the individual’s use of this service and may result in the loss of other library privileges. Examples of inappropriate use include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Displaying or disseminating images containing gratuitous violence or obscenity as defined by Kansas law;
- Disclosure, use, or dissemination of personal information that could threaten the safety or security of a minor, any other person or the Library;
- Attempting unauthorized access to restricted or confidential systems;
- Tampering with computer hardware or software;
- Violation of software license agreements and copyright laws;
- Violation of another user’s privacy;
- Any illegal activity, unethical misrepresentation or any form of harassment;
Illegal acts involving library computer resources may also subject a user to prosecution by local, state or federal authorities.
You can view our internet policy in its entirety here.
If you agree to these terms and those contained in the Wellington Public Library’s Computer and Internet Access Policies and Procedures, please continue to use the WiFi. If not, please disconnect now.