(1) Part-time Library Assistant – YA
(1) Part-time Library Assistant – Children’s Dept
This 20-25 hour/week position works collaboratively, under the direction of the Library Director to create and execute library programming and outreach services targeted at a children/Young adult audience. Flexible schedule could require some evening and weekend hours.
Positions open until filled. EEOE /Hourly wage commensurate with education and experience
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Jo plumb, Director
Wellington Public Library
121 W. 7th
Wellington, Ks 67152
• Energetic and enthusiastic about working with children or young adults
• Seek the opportunity to use creativity in workplace
• Enjoy planning and presenting fun and educational opportunities for children or young adults
• Thrive on providing excellent customer service
• Embrace creative problem solving in a team environment and have a passion for lifelong learning
• Support STEAM learning activities in the library
• Experience working with children & young adults
• Practical knowledge and experiences with social media
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills as well as effective oral and written skills
• Working knowledge of office applications.
• Demonstrated public services skills to effectively meet, communicate and serve patrons in the library setting
• Good at problem solving and multi-tasking
• Some college required, degree preferred
• Requires customer service experience
• Preferred library experience
• Work with the Director to plan and implement library – based programs and events for the children/ young adults with in the Wellington area.
• Work with her to develop and implement plans for STEAM activities at the library
• Assist with collection development & cataloging as assigned
• Communicate effectively with patrons, staff and library administration
• Deliver work product and service with responsiveness, courtesy, and tact
• Work at the circulation desk to provide customer service to all patrons.
• Perform related work as required and assigned